For Audi of America, racing in the 1988 Trans-Am series with the all-wheel drive 200 was a chance to rebuild a tarnished reputation by kicking some all-American V8 butt. This story is an excerpt from RACER magazine's GREAT CARS III ISSUE, on sale now. If necessity is the mother of invention, then adversity deserves the credit for birthing a pair of flame-spitting, wastegate-chirping siblings that...
RACER Magazine Excerpts
Aug 18, 2014
Team Penske has won many races and championships with customer cars – March, Reynard, G-Force, Dallara – by being a superior team operationally. But in Indy car racing's "kit car" era, Roger Penske's...
Aug 14, 2014
Having recently broken ground, Porsche Motorsport North America and Porsche Historic Motorsport will soon have a new home when the Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles opens some time in the second ...
Aug 12, 2014
Some 45 years on from its debut in 1969, Porsche's mighty 917 is still revered and remembered as perhaps the greatest sports car ever. In The Great Cars III issue of RACER , we tell the story of this...
Aug 12, 2014
Porsche Historic Motorsport’s mission is to keep historic race Porsches ready for the track, starting with a special 917K. “Porsches are meant to be raced, and what we want is to support people racin...
Aug 11, 2014
RACER's Great Cars Issues always cause the same dilemmas: What to include? What to leave out? Whatever, we were determined to avoid "merely" wallowing in nostalgia. For example, although we know this...
Aug 03, 2014
With a racing simulation, if you don't like the car you're driving, you reset and choose again. In the real world of GT Daytona, it's not so simple. Choosing well in the first place counts for a lot....
Jul 27, 2014
Ryan Hunter-Reay has now added an Indy 500 win to his IndyCar Series title...but it shouldn't stop there. The Andretti Autosport ace wants more of both. This story is an excerpt from RACER magazine's...
Jul 20, 2014
According to well-worn boxing lore, “A good big ’un will always beat a good little ’un.” Which is also usually true of multi-class sports car racing, in which prototype exotica shares the track with ...
Jul 16, 2014
Bringing GT3-spec cars into the Pirelli World Challenge has swelled the grid, enhanced competition, reduced costs for privateers and set the sprint-based series' future course. This story is an excer...
Jun 23, 2014
When Ferrari reached a competitive nadir in 1992, plans were put in place that would eventually transform it into the most dominant team in Formula 1 history. This story is an excerpt from RACER maga...
Jun 14, 2014
Far from allowing Formula 1 teams to operate competitively on a smaller scale, the ever-increasing technology at their disposal has increased overall staffing levels – massively. This story is an exc...
Page 1 of 2
Subscribe to Racer
- IndyCar: Kanaan, Andretti, Newgarden lead list of potential championship spoilers
- IndyCar: Texas confirms 2015 race date
- F1: McLaren aims to take the fight to Red Bull
- IndyCar: Dixon says Ganassi team started year distracted
- MotoGP: Lorenzo sure Marquez will beat all records
- IndyCar: Marshall Pruett's Sonoma rewind
- F1: Ferrari wants engine freeze lifted
- F1: Vettel gets new chassis for Monza
- F1: Button amazed by Hamilton's "unbelievable" bad luck
- F1: Massa says Williams must improve pit stops
Video: The Great Cars III Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Verizon IndyCar Series: News and views from Robin Miller and Marshall Pruett.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_items_ext AS ie on ie.item_id = i.id JOIN #__flexicontent_types AS ty on ie.type_id = ty.id JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid JOIN #__categories AS mc ON mc.id = i.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-08-27 18:55:42' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-08-27 18:55:42' ) AND ty.access IN (0,1,1) AND mc.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614
Creative Services Division:
Pfanner Communications, Inc.
Contact Pfanner Communications